Chief Medical Scientist Microbiology
Are you a Highly Innovative, Proactive Medical Scientist with extensive experience in Microbiology?
Are you coming with a proven track record of leading staff and in-depth knowledge of Microbiology practice and procedures?
Do you want to work in a state-of-the-art hospital with some of Irelands most distinguished consultants?
I am honoured to be supporting this state-of-the-art acute hospital located in North Dublin. Our client has been recognised as the national centre of excellence across a wide range of services.
The staff at this hospital provide advanced treatment, safe and individualised care for patients who suffer from a broad spectrum of simple and complex conditions
We are recruiting a self-motivated, enthusiastic Chief Medical Scientist in Microbiology
This is a fulltime fixed term 1year contract, normal working week, five-day basis, 37 hours per week.
- Possess qualifications recognised by the Department of Health and be a Fellowship member of, or be eligible for Fellowship membership of the Academy of Clinical Science and Laboratory Medicine (A.C.S L.M.) or prior to 1994 Associate Membership of the A.C.S L.M.
- Have a minimum of 7 years' experience in a Medical Microbiology laboratory since qualifying as a Medical Scientist, 2 years of which were spent in a promotional post.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and management ability), for the proper discharge of duties of the post.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Microbiology practice and procedures.
- Demonstrate evidence based clinical knowledge in making decisions regarding the Microbiology service.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure and create healthy working environment
- Be self-motivating and enthusiastic to develop a state-of-the-art service
- Have a strong vision for the future
- Have ability to build, motivate and lead the activities of staff of all grades and background effectively
- Demonstrate effective team and interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent planning and organising skills.
- Demonstrate adaptability to the rapid changes taking place in the health services.
Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.