Chief II Hospital Pharmacist
Chief II Pharmacist (Waterford)
We are currently recruiting a Chief II Pharmacist for a hospital in Waterford.
Key Duties Responsibilities:
- The management and oversight of dispensary services within the hospital to ensure the delivery of a safe, legal, efficient and cost-effective drug distribution service.
- Ensuring the purchase, storage and supply of all medicinal products are operated safely, appropriately and economically, consistent with quality at pharmacy, ward and department levels and with reference to clinical appropriateness.
- The supervision, development and monitoring of clinical pharmacy services.
- Promoting safe medication management practices within the dispensary and in the wider hospital and effectively managing risk to facilitate continuous improvement in the medicines management process.
- Providing advice and education to Nursing and Medical staff on the proper, safe and economic use of drugs including participation in initiatives for the dissemination of information.
- Liaising with Pharmacy, Nursing, Medical, and other relevant stakeholders including the Quality and Risk Department to ensure safe standardised medicines management processes and to implement quality improvement initiatives
- The development, coordination and performance of audits and Key Performance indicators (KPIs).
- Participating in the Drugs and Therapeutics Committee including the preparation of reports, audits and KPIs.
- Providing leadership and acting as a role model, ensuring effective communication to and between all members of the pharmacy department
- Actively participate in the recruitment, induction, and development of staff involved in the dispensary and clinical services.
- Acting as Line Manager to Senior Dispensary Technicians and Clinical Pharmacists.
- Managing resources effectively and efficiently, having reference to budgetary provision.
- Participating in the Hospital's accreditation process.
- Deputising for the Chief I Pharmacist as required and performing any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
Essential Criteria, the candidate will:
- Be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland or be entitled to be so registered.
- Have at least 5 years of satisfactory post-registration hospital experience.
- Be able to demonstrate
- excellent planning, organisational and resource management skills
- excellent leadership, interpersonal and people management skills
- experience in quality improvement initiatives
- Experience in management, training and supervision of Pharmacy staff.
- A relevant management development course.
- A further qualification such as a postgraduate diploma or MSc in Clinical Pharmacy.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant.
For more information, please call Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Basic Grade Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Hospital, Waterford