Chemical Compliance Officer Job
Our client is a worldwide manufacturer of adhesives, sealants and coating fluids for industrial, construction and consumer purposes.
They are currently looking for a Chemical Compliance Officer, who has knowledge of REACH co-ordination, to join their team in Shannon, Co Clare.
Positions with this company do not come up very often as there is a very low turnover of staff due to their reputation in the market of how they look after their employees.
You will be working for a global company, with lots of opportunity based in a small/medium site in Shannon of about 40 staff.
Candidates should have a Degree in Chemistry or related Science discipline.
- Work effectively with EHS to ensure the site is fully REACH compliant at all times.
- File communication with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) for future reference.
- Produce monthly reports that will be distributed to management that will keep them up to date on work completed and REACH regulation requirements.
- Review updated substance totals information and update existing registrations or file additional registrations as required.
- Maintain customer and supplier databases with up to date contact information, products sold and purchased to document REACH compliance.
- Review development of SVHC (Substances of Very High Concern) list as well as authorisation and restriction provisions and communicate relevant information.
- Develop and maintain REACH section on company website and keep REACH policy up to date and accessible from the website.
- BSc in Chemistry or related Science discipline.
- 2-3 years experience in a compliant or regulatory role with a chemical products manufacturer.
- Strong knowledge of chemical structure and chemical naming convention.
- Excellent communication skills.
For more information please call Aoife on 086 044 3981 or apply today.