Case worker required for Laois & Offaly offices
ABOUT TURAS NUA
At Turas Nua, we support people who are unemployed by providing intensive, targeted and personalised employment support services. The Intreo Partner Local Area Employment Services (LAES) contract is delivered by Turas Nua, the Irish employability services provider. Turas Nua is an Irish employability services provider, wholly owned by FRS Network, an Irish cooperative social enterprise, which has been delivering services to Irish communities since 1980.
Our Local Employment Area Service aims to support people who are Long Term Unemployed, farthest from the labour market and are faced with barriers to labour market participation, by providing intensive employment support services. The LAES contract is managed by Turas Nua, an Irish cooperative social enterprise within the FRS Network, which has been delivering services to rural communities since 1980.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
As a Caseworker you will be responsible of a caseload of 80 clients, that have been referred from the Department of Social Protection (DSP). They may be clients who are Long Term Unemployed (LTU) or Other Clients (OC) who are deemed by the department to require intensive support by you. You will partner with local organisations and our internal support departments to provide a holistic and focused support service which are aimed at assisting your clients towards the labour market.
- You will be a dynamic and flexible person who can work in a fast paced, client focused and results driven environment. You will possess leadership capabilities including, but not limited to Decision making skills, Relationship skills and problem-solving skills.
- You will be able to work in an office as part of a team and be highly self-motivated.
- You will be a people person with the ability to provide the levels of support needed by your clients in order to build up a rapport, trust and drive engagement based on their individual needs.
- You will ensure that we deliver a high-quality service which benefits the futures of the individuals and the communities in which we work.
- Provide support to overcome clients' barriers that may prevent them from moving back into employment by demonstrating a high level of understanding, patience and empathy with active listening skills and not be afraid to navigate more difficult conversations/interactions with professionalism.
- Organise your daily schedule, that includes a mixture of: Face to Face meetings, phone calls, online meetings, and emails.
- Identify, structure, and recommend training solutions, working in close consultation with Tutors, to meet the specific needs of clients.
- You will be required to present and facilitate workshops as well as delivering presentations to groups of clients on a weekly basis as required.
- Achieve a set of specific individual KPIs on a daily and monthly basis by managing a caseload of clients to ensure appropriate and effective contractual activity is undertaken by all clients according to their level of job readiness.
- Ensure that all client interactions are recorded accurately on the CRM system.
- Provide intensive job search support when the client is ready.
- Provide advice, guidance, and support for clients during their initial weeks of employment, supporting their transition from welfare to employment to maximise the potential for clients to sustain employment in the long term.
- Work closely with local and national specialist organisations to assist the client with their journey towards employment.
- Ensure all Data Protection regulations are always fully adhered to.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12-month experience of working in a customer focused, target driven environment.
- Strong IT skills/experience in the use of Microsoft office and CRM systems. Must be comfortable with all aspects of remote working technology.
- Excellent administrative skills - fast & accurate data entry skills.
- The ability to build rapport and work effectively with a diverse range of individuals both in person and over the phone.
- Experience in delivering presentations in a group setting or public speaking.
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Third level qualification in a related field.
- Good knowledge of the local labour market.
Click to apply!