Care Assistant- Children Services- Meath & Dublin
I am pleased to announce that I am currently seeking experienced Care Assistants to join a Children Services provider in County Meath & Dublin.
Children and adolescent in your care will need your help in an emotional, behavioural, and mental health needs support. For that reason, I am looking for Care Assistants that are highly experienced and dedicated to their job. This role is based in a Residential setting; it is a full-time position with occasional sleepovers.
Duties (to include but not limited to);
- Following the direction of the management team in delivering quality person-centred care at all times.
- To promote safe working practices in line with company policies and procedures, working as part of a healthcare team and to respect your colleagues and clients at all times.
- Assisting clients with activities of daily living.
- Assist with catering and light cleaning duties when requested such as but not limited to making beds, sweeping and mopping floors, ensuring commodes are emptied and cleaned.
- To assist our clients with personal care such as; bathing, showering, toileting.
- To assist with meals and assist with feeding and hydration.
- Recording and reporting of Accidents / Incidents to the Manager in line with company policies & procedures.
- Prompting of medication in line with company policies & procedures.
- To promote independence to the fullest, allowing for client choice and providing client centred care to the fullest.
- To assist colleagues with covering sick leave and annual leave where possible.
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team and to respect your colleagues and clients at all times.
- To promote safe working practices in line with company policies and procedures.
Required Education Skills and Qualifications:
- QQI Level 5 in Healthcare
- 40 hours work experience completed
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Full driving license
- Police Clearance (if lived 6+ months in another country since their 18th birthday)
- Children First Online
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults
- HSELand: Hand Hygiene
- HSELand: Infection Control
- HSELand: PPE
- First Aid
- Manual handling
- Fire Safety
- Medication Management
- Paid Garda vetting
- Uniform supplied (where necessary)
- Continuous Management support
- Continuous block hours with market leading salary packages on offer
- Flexible working hours