We are working with a well-established, leading supplier of high quality construction products to source a experienced CAD Technician for a position based in Co Meath.
My client specialises in various sectors of the construction industry including design, manufacture & installation.
Reporting into the Design Manager, the Draughts person's main responsibilities will include:
- Produce layout drawings using AutoCAD
- Contact Clients, Architects & Engineers via telephone/email to obtain design details, comments /approval of working drawings
- Issue drawings with covering letters/emails
- Amend drawings in accordance with Client's instructions
- Update the relevant Database(s) as required
- Seek advice from Senior Designers/Engineers
- Communicating relevant information to other departments
- Monitor workload and prioritise jobs
- Carry out other tasks and duties as reasonably directed by your manager or director
- Act in a professional manner when communicating (both spoken & written) with our Client's and their Architects / Engineers
- Produce accurate layout drawings for our precast products
- To seek advice and guidance from a Senior Designer/Engineer when needed
- Understand the duties required under the Health & Safety at Work Acts and the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
Key Skills and experience required:
- Previous building design experience preferable
- High level of computer literacy with good working knowledge of a variety of computer packages including Auto Cad, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Training in Nemetschek Allplan CAD software will be provided
- Excellent organisational & communication skills coupled with good time management and a sense of urgency
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Attention to detail is essential
- Self-motivated, methodical approach with focus on customer service
The ideal Designer will be a highly enthusiastic & willing individual who is keen to build long term and effective relationships with both customers & colleagues alike.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a highly driven organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069
Email CV through the attached link