Perm- Days (M-F)
Our client, a lovely Irish grown company who are experts in providing supply chain services to pharma and medical device companies around Ireland is looking for a Buying Manager to join its Limerick team.
This role would be right for someone with some leadership/ management experience coupled with a background in purchasing Or a junior supply chain manager with a passion for buying.
We have been assisting this client for many years with their recruitment needs and they are a highly sought after organisation which is continuing to grow and expand.
This job is offering a Full time days only, permanent position, job security, competitive pay, interesting fast paced rewarding work supporting medical device and pharma companies, progression, future employability as the experience you gain here is highly desired.
This role would give you a vast amount of experience in a very busy industry allowing you to advance your career to new levels.
- Manage a team of 10, buyers and administrators, to ensure the availability of product to meet sales demand Working with Purchasing group to developing the strategic direction of the brand and products in a range of categories through improving the range and quality of purchases.
- Training and mentoring staff
- Sourcing new suppliers of quality products and negotiating with existing accounts and new suppliers with a view to maximising sales and margin always.
- Selection, approval and management of vendors for the supply of goods for resale completing all contracts and supply agreements.
- Analysing and evaluating purchasing/ sales trends, and identifying and exploiting opportunities and addressing gaps in the product range
- Maintenance of material inventories within agreed KPIs, while minimising excess, obsolete and expired products.
- Have experience in Range planning - category review process
- Ability to work to stock budgets whilst delivering Sales and Margin Budgets.
- Be a buying professional with a successful management track record in a busy trading environment
- Be self-motivated and prepared to be flexible when the occasion demands
- Be commercially aware, with a thorough understanding of modern progressive purchasing concepts
- Have demonstrated experience of working in a similar role and be able to demonstrate a track record of driving a business forward.
- Supplier strategy - demonstrate understanding of the process and previous successes
Please apply by sending your cv and I will contact you to discuss this job further.
Recruiter: Richard O'Sullivan