Our Client is a multinational and leading manufacturer of health products are actively looking for a Buyer/Senior Buyer to join their team based in New Ross. Their impressive Waterford site has evolved since establishment over 30 years ago to become a world-class facility with cutting-edge technology and a dedicated, supportive team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the procurement of goods/services and for the overall Plant inventory management to the targets and standard required. The Buyer monitors and acts to ensure the correct operation of the MRP system by all departments so as to maintain accurate control of inventory.
The Buyer is the key purchasing and inventory liaison with other departments within the company and with Corporate Organisation, external suppliers and customers as required. Supports all other buyers and inventory analysts as required. Enabler of Continuous Improvement philosophy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Buyer is responsible for the effective and efficient provision for materials and services procurement. The Senior Buyer is also responsible for analysis regarding purchased indirect services and materials, direct raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods and all associated activities regarding the supply of quality product under current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)/regulatory guidelines within budgetary guidelines to satisfy customer requirements. This includes all current production and all new product introductions. Key responsibility for maintenance of adequate inventories of indirect and direct raw materials and supply of essential services.
* Interprets, defines and communicates material/service requirements to Suppliers. Escalates issues in a timely manner internally and externally to ensure a flow of goods/services to support uninterrupted production and customer order requirements.
* Works with the overall Supply Chain organization to leverage Corporate spend purchasing through preferred Suppliers to meet organizational financial objective. Negotiates pricing/terms with Suppliers in conjunction with Corporate Commodity Management team where applicable ensuring that Integer needs are met.
* Ensure that Supplier delivers goods/service with necessary quality, competitive pricing and timely delivery.
* Identified and implements value add opportunities within the applicable supply chain
* Ensure that documented Quality Management System is representative of actual procurement/inventory management activities. Maintain compliance with documented system through approved change control systems.
* Ensure that the Supplier Quality Management (SQM) procedures are operated in compliance to policy including the monitoring and approval of new suppliers as required for approved Supplier list. Drive and support (as appropriate) Corrective Action from Suppliers.
* Ensure proactive response to relevant internal/external customer complaints by seeking root cause for problems and correcting them at the source.
* Manage and maintain stocks of all spare parts and consumables.
* Support production trials, new equipment installation/validation and provide planning support as required.
* Participate in and support continuous improvement teams to identify and improve efficiencies/yields, reduce waste and reduce manning levels etc.
* Identify and assist in resolving bottlenecks, quality problems and other production delays.
* Monitor production input/output and scrap on a continuous basis and comment/act as necessary to address issues arising from purchasing or inventories.
* Manage procurement and inventory systems improvement and development. Liaise and visit suppliers, users and customers as appropriate.
* Senior Buyer level support for capital projects including transfer process/new product development. Support plant validation programs as required.
* Support Plant Health and Safety programs and ensures compliance with all health and safety requirements and reports regarding Purchasing and Inventory Management areas of responsibility.
* Champion team training, ensuring that team members receive satisfactory training and are encouraged towards personal development.
* Support Plant objective to achieve world class standards, especially areas of procurement and inventory management, above all by setting your own high professional standards as an example.
* Complete any assignments authorised by the Senior Manager Supply Chain Complete all reports and project work assigned in a timely and professional manner
Education and Experience Requirements
* 3rd level qualification in materials, inventory, purchasing and negotiation skills.
* Good knowledge of Oracle ERP systems (support conversion from JDE)
* Awareness of production capacities, efficiencies and constraints
* Knowledge of GMP and Operating in Regulated health care environment.
* Awareness of continuous improvement philosophy
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 or equivalent documented quality systems
* Project Management Experience.
Skills and Knowledge
* 3 years relevant experience in hi-volume manufacturing materials environment.
* Excellent buyer processes awareness and negotiation handling skills.
* Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills
* Good broad based PC skills including high competency in Excel
* Good analytical and reporting skills
For more information please do not hesitate to call Andrew on 086 464 8426