My client, a leading Medical Device Manufacturer based in Co. Roscommon, is in need of a Buyer/Planner to join their busy and growing organization.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer/Planner with good experience working in a manufacturing environment to utilize their experience and grow on in their career. This is a new position within the organization due to growth and the potential Buyer/Planner will be a well established Supply Chain Department.
The responsibilities for the Buyer/Planner include but are not limited to:
- Ensure they have an expert understanding of Company products and processes within the area of responsibility.
- Process Customer demand and follow through on sales orders to meet targeted service levels.
- Prepare/issue weekly, monthly and quarterly production plans to meet customer demand.
- Place Purchase orders to support production plans in line with budgeted cost.
- Ensure continuity of supply of materials in a cost-effective manner.
- Negotiate pricing and terms for materials and services.
- Liaise with quality for Vendor selections and audits.
- Comply with and maintain ISO standards.
- Focus on continuous improvement and department KPI's.
- Monitor and Process updates to MRP system.
- Ensure environmental impact of all operations is considered in relation to purchasing, waste management, recycling, and energy.
- Additional projects and/or ad hoc duties as required.
- Adhere strictly to company policies and procedures.
The requirements for the desired Buyer/Planner include:
- Level 8 degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or other similar discipline is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a Supply Chain role with active involvement within a manufacturing floor, preferable in the medical device sector, is desirable.
- APICS/IIPIM qualifications are desirable.
- A pro-active approach, with the ability to priorities and work well under pressure..
- To be a good team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and site objectives.
- Effective communicator and influencer across multi-functional teams, with the ability to manage internal and external customers' requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with Syspro, Minitab & Lotus Notes, is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan, organise, and prioritise own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.