I am pleased to be working with this client in cork to find them a Buyer/Planner to join their enthusiastic, ambitious, hard working and dedicated team. This company has a reputation of progressing hard working talented individuals.
The Buyer/Planner reports to the Operations Manager and will have responsibility for ensuring that purchased materials are available for production on schedule and at the best price to meet customer requirements, from entry and maintenance of Purchase orders and related data elements in the ERP system to management of the supply base. The role will require daily interface with the supplier base and possibly external CEM partners and internal operations as well as the Program Leaders to ensure attainment of scheduled, and fulfilment of customer requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Report on a regular basis to various sources on project progress, cost savings, improving Vendor and Partner initiatives.
- Supporting new part introduction with the accurate and timely set up of purchasing related data.
- Supporting the implementation of Engineering changes to existing parts, ensuring supplier is aware of new requirements, specs, quantities, dates, up revs of parts and reviewing cost/inventory impact.
- Proactively seek out, assess and deliver cost and lead-time reduction opportunities and supply chain solutions.
- Investigate supply market and develop an understanding of general and specific market conditions that impact your category.
- Liaise with program and commodity specialists in other group companies.
- Control of Kanban material replenishment process, where appropriate to the commodity assigned.
- Negotiate Contract Terms and Conditions, Service Level Agreements and commercial deals with vendors as part of the procurement process improvement.
- 5 years experience minimum required in a previous electronics industry category buyer, senior analyst or sourcing role. Strong analytical abilities; ability to assess large volume of data and develop concise summaries and assessments to determine plan forward
- Must be able to demonstrate ability and experience in commercial and contractual negotiations.
- Applicable qualification to APICS/CPIM/SCM or IIPMM. Candidates currently pursuing a qualification will be considered.
- Proficiency required in Excel, MRP, Word, PowerPoint, E-Mail. Mfg Pro and Web plan experience would be a distinct advantage.
- A Technical or engineering qualification in a complimentary discipline would be an advantage.
contact me on 0861852327 or
Buyer,Planner, sourcing ,purchasing.