Our Client, a leading national distribution and supply solutions company specialising in clean room consumable products, industrial safety equipment, protective clothing and Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO) products is seeking a new Buyer /planner .
This is an excellent company to work for and have very low turnover of staff. Positions do not come up very often with this company and they are offering a very competitive salary for the right person.
This position is located 30 min from cork city heading west.
To ensure that the Branch inventories are controlled to assist in the achievement of maximum possible profit growth and defined service levels, in line with Regional and Company targets
Identify and manage projects to improve and drive efficiency such as standardization of procedures and stock profiles.
- Produce and analyse Branch and product performance statistics and make effective decisions and recommendations with regard to profiling.
- Monitor the computer system calculation of forecasts for branch stock, adjusting as appropriate to ensure that automatic replenishment parameters are set to ensure excellent customer service at optimum costs.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with colleagues in the branch network and at the centre.
- Negotiate and organise branch stock cleanses, identify and focus on problem stock and achieve targets for Aged Stock reduction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure maximum commercial gain against defined purchasing objectives.
- Monitor franchise activity and co-ordinate promotional activities.
- Collate and analyse supplier performance and market intelligence information for use in negotiation and supplier development meetings.
To apply for this exciting new position here are your three options:
- "This sounds like me" - Call now and let's talk through your experience. Ask for Richard O'Sullivan (Recruiter) on 086 1852327 between 9 am - 5pm.
- "I think I'm right for this position, but I'm not sure I have enough experience" - Click "apply now" so I can read your profile and let you know.
- "I'm interested but need to know more about what this job can offer me" - email with your CV and questions and we'll set up a call to talk.