My client, a leading manufacturer and distributor, has an exciting new opportunity for a Buyer/ Planner to join their business.
They are a flat team-based organisation which affords the opportunity to interface directly with all functions in the company. They will facilitate and support you in utilising and developing your skills, knowledge and experience.
We have assisted this company with their recruitment needs for several years and every person we have placed there has been incredibly happy. Positions do not come up very often with this company and they offer an excellent salary, benefits and career opportunities.
- Manage existing and new suppliers of materials, by negotiating and developing commercial agreements with suppliers and the forecasting of price trend & impact on future activities.
- Ensure continuity of raw materials, effectively communicating with relevant stakeholders any potential supply, demand or scheduling issues that would impact on the company, with recommendations for resolution.
- Conduct market research to identify best global product suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules, continuity of product and quality.
- Management of the critical supplier relationships.
- Cooperating with all departments to ensure regular flow of materials as required by production, plant projects and customer demands.
- Manage all Direct Material spend ensuring value is optimised.
- Lead Savings projects related to Raw Materials, estimate savings and ensure correct implementation and proper tracking of project purchases.
- Review and approve purchasing requests.
- Monitor compliance to purchasing process to ensure compliance with Company policies.
- Management of day to day purchasing activities for all Direct Material to ensure purchases are made at "the least total cost" to The Company.
- Facilitate development, communication and successful deployment of sourcing strategies.
- Monitor and report plant monthly KPI's, with focus on budgets, cost savings and supplier management.
- Ensure appropriate communication with key stakeholders to manage and update on key purchasing projects.
- Solve day-to-day operational issues.
- Lead or participate on cross-functional teams in order to successfully drive complex projects.
- Providing forecasts to suppliers and assisting with the planning of raw material supplies to support production by gaining an understanding of material requirements within site processes.
- Identifying excess inventory prior to placing additional orders by analysing current inventory holding levels to minimise cost exposure to the company.
- Any other duties that may be assigned as required by the business.
- 4-5 years' experience in purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPM, CIPS, IIPMM).
- Bachelor's degree or similar (preferably in business, finance or engineering).
- A proven track record in sourcing or negotiating in a production environment, with objective decision-making ability.
- Experience in a chemical, pharmaceutical or similar regulated industry.
- Working knowledge of MRP/ ERP systems with excellent Excel skills.
- Strategic thinker who understand the impact of purchasing actions on site operations and future business needs.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, able to articulate complex matters to facilitate accurate understanding.
- Accountable for helping to develop and meet/exceed supply/supplier productivity targets that directly impact company financial results and growth plans.
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Emer on 0860437889