My client, a leading Manufacturer based in Waterford, is in need of a Buyer to join their busy and growing procurement department
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world class Manufacturer which is growing and a leader in their industry. This is a great prospect for a Buyer who is experienced in working in Procurement and is looking to grow their career.
The responsibilities for the desired Buyer include but are not limited to:
- Using company ERP system (SAP) to drive MRP to procurement based on supporting the sites master production plans- liaising with supplier, both internally and externally, sales and production departments
- Working with the senior buyers within team to co-ordinate all the vendor base.
- Support initiatives around research and evaluate potential vendors and suppliers.
- Adjusting the supply plans as necessary.
- Raising stock transfer orders from external sources and vendor consignment stocking.
- Review MRP calculations to support department purchase budgets for raw materials, WIP and other materials
- Source new vendors, as needed, including subcontracting suppliers for Upstream
- Reviewing of existing procurement model and identifying any areas for improvement and innovation as well.
- Compare quotes and prices for maximum returns.
- Support creation and admin of contracts for pricing and supply.
- Follow up with supplies to ensure quality.
- Track incoming inventory, delivery arrival time and support warehouse booking in process
- Organise and update database of suppliers, delivery times, invoices, and quantity of supplies.
- Support new product introduction and business development activities.
- Support lead-time reduction initiatives.
- Explore and action all Global purchasing opportunities.
- Actively support Sustainability related projects.
The requirements for the desired Purchasing Coordinator include:
- 2+ years in procurement role preferably in FMCG sector.
- Knowledge of planning would be advantageous
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Organized with strong initiative, hardworking and reliable
- Understands Supply Chain Management, Lean Manufacturing experience ideally.
- Uses extensively and brings good housekeeping of MRP & MPS (if required) tools
- Use logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.