My client, a growing Supply Solutions Organisation working in the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Industry based in Swords, Co. Dublin is looking for a Buyer to join their busy Supply Chain Department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Professional who has experience in a manufacturing, pharmaceutical or medical device organisation who is looking to utilise their skillset and grow their career. My client is the market leader in their field and they are expanding quickly their presence in EMEA.
The Buyer will be responsible for ensuring that the company is supplied with all direct and indirect materials to achieve all production and manufacturing objectives at the optimum cost. They will be responsible for not only working with existing suppliers but sourcing local suppliers to increase their vendor portfolio and optimise lead times for customer orders.
The duties for the Buyer include but are not limited to:
- Determine and maintaining inventory levels to ensure production targets are met
- Monitor and evaluate current vendors and potential vendors to optimise service, quality and cost
- Establish a minimum/maximum stock levels for components and raw materials and any other indirect supplies
- Ensure all information is input on the ERP system correctly as to have accurate reporting
- Liaise with the sales department, customer service and production to ensure that all materials are procured for customer orders, or lead times are being adhered to.
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts with vendors in conjunction with Company regulations
- Recommend new processes or systems for improvement, implanting new ideas and strategies to streamline the procurement process
- Any other duties are required for the procurement department
The qualifications for the desired Buyer include but are not limited to:
- Third level qualification in a related discipline (e.g. Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement etc)
- Previous working experience in procurement- previous experience in Manufacturing, Medical Device or Pharma is desired but not essential
- Excellent IT systems skills including ERP systems such as SAP is essential
- Highly organised and analytical
- Highly driven with a strong sense of initiative and ownership over the procurement process from end to end
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Hardworking and reliable.
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.