Buyer / Purchasing (Construction)
Our client a busy construction company currently are seeking to fill a buyer / purchasing manager job. This is an office-based position dealing with purchasing, incoming orders, stock control and logistics, using an ERP software system.
- Daily use of an ERP software system which will integrate with all areas of the business.
- Regular maintenance of stock levels and stock control system.
- Processing purchase orders to be sent to suppliers.
- Checking and receipting incoming goods.
- Placing forward stock orders with suppliers and organising import of same.
- Sourcing materials and parts from new suppliers.
- Carrying out cost benefit analysis on new suppliers, parts etc.
- Recording and following up on incoming goods quality checks.
- Negotiating prices and supply agreements with both existing and new suppliers.
- Updating database of supplier details and products, and ensuring prices are correct.
- Organisation of incoming and outgoing deliveries via external couriers
- Management of plant and machinery maintenance and testing schedule.
3 years' experience within a construction company or similar
Good software systems experience, proficient in MS Excel and Sage/SAP/Herbst experience an advantage. Be self-disciplined with excellent time management skills, excellent oral & written communication & strong negotiation skills.
For full details or to apply send an up to date CV to Elizabeth in FRS Recruitment Kilkenny via link provided.