Buyer / Planner
We are seeking a Buyer / Planner for a maternity contract with a Kerry based manufacturing client. The Buyer / Planner will responsible for the planning and purchasing activities of assigned product lines. The successful candidate will have relevant experience as a buyer / planner in a manufacturing environment as well as experience of WCM/JIT/TQM manufacturing practices
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop a weekly Master Production Schedule in conjunction with the Sales, Engineering & the Production Manager.
- Action MRP requirements and requests from engineering in order to support production and capital projects supply requirements.
- Liaise closely with the Production Manager & Engineering in order to support materials requirements on a daily basis.
- Act as frontline supplier manager for the supply base related to product line.
- Manage cost reduction projects to fruition on purchased items and supply chain lean initiatives.
- Manage inventory reduction projects to reach agreed targets.
- Obtain quotations and lead times and manage supplier transitions to achieve agreed percentage reduction in the number of suppliers/cost to the business.
- Manage sourcing of raw material supply to include new supplier negotiation and agreements.
- Measure supplier performance to agreed KPI's
- Measure and review Purchase Price Variance monthly.
- Resolve invoice queries with suppliers as they occur.
- Hold quarterly business reviews with key suppliers.
- Participate in cross functional teams as required by management from time to time.
- Support yearly standard cost setting exercise.
- Other duties as may be required by management
Qualifications and skills:
- Qualified to diploma/degree level in a business or technical discipline or an appropriate combination of qualifications and work experience.
- APICS CPIM and or IIPMM Cert/Dip qualification part of fully qualified is desirable.
- Experience of ERP systems.
- Advanced user experience of desktop applications like MS Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work under pressure with the capacity to quickly adapt to unforeseen demands.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate with people at different levels throughout an organisation.
Please forward you CV through the link provided or call Donal at 066-7143995 for further details