My client an iconic Irish renewable's & utility service provider (encompassing electricity, heating, resource recovery, water, growing media and related service) are on a journey of transformation, innovation, sustainability and growth.
They are currently recruiting for a Buyer for their Lands & Habitat Business Unit due to the growth of this part of the company.
As Buyer you will be responsible for supporting and advising the Lands & Habitat Business with Procurement and Sourcing of new suppliers as required. To assist with procurement planning and to deliver optimum value to the Procurement department through engagement with third party supplier of goods and services while continuously improving supplier performance.
Based in the Midlands the Buyer role has a very competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, well-funded educational assistance programme/people development programmes and the opportunity to progress your career.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Purchasing goods and services at the best Cost/Quality/Lead Time.
- Coordinate Purchase Requisitions, Raise Purchase Orders and monitor supplier delivery dates. Communicate any risks/issues to senior colleagues and work to resolve.
- Work closely on various projects within the Lands & Habitat Business Unit to ensure that all materials needed for specific projects are procured and available in a timely manner
- Develop effective relations with suppliers, partners and stakeholders.
- All admin duties arising from the above including; accurate maintenance of computer files, filing of quotes and purchase order duplicates, up to date records and Vendor Assessments
- Provide weekly task reports
- Management of supplier performance including vendor reviews, to include on time performance, quality issues, communication effectiveness, cost reduction and process improvement.
- Identify and deliver cost saving projects across direct and indirect spend
- Support cost estimate and quotation process on potential business and new products
The desired Buyer will fulfil the following requirements:
- 4 years Procurement/Category Management experience;
- Experience in Etenders, MS office;
- Excellent knowledge procurement policy/regulation and leading SRM practice;
- Strong negotiation skills and communication skills.
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.