My client, a leading Manufacturer based in Louth, is in need of a Buyer to join thier busy and growing organization.
This client is an internationally recognized Brand and has been growing from strength to strength in recent years and this is a new postion due to growth.
The requirements for the desired buyer include but are not limited to:
* Support the procurement, tender, RFP process within the company to complete complex comparative analysis on costs, quality and service to determine optimum supply & spend solutions to reduce the cost to serve.
* Change enabler with responsibility for all sourced materials, driving reduction in packaging use to support our sustainability agenda by acting as the focal point between technical, commercial and manufacturing stakeholders.
* Lead complex pricing and contract negotiations with strategic and/or critical suppliers and develop opportunities to expand the value and cost optimization delivered from the supply base.
* As appropriate, manage a review of the supply base and the markets and work with key stakeholders to attract new suppliers and to access the most up to date materials, goods & service offerings.
* Work with key stakeholders to manage adherence to the Procurement Policy to optimise the total cost of ownership for appropriate goods & services within budgeted parameters.
* Carry out contractual negotiations and deliver effective Supply Agreements reducing exposure to risk and liability, ensuring compliance with legal trading terms.
* Drive and implement policies in compliance with CSR policies and sustainable procurement initiatives.
* Ensure that all vendors adhere to the relevant health and safety, quality, environmental & technical standards.
The requirements for the desired Buyer include:
* Third Level Procurement / Supply Chain Qualification and / or
* Member (or working towards membership) of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
Procurement experience in the consumer goods sector preferred
* Logistics experience of shipping, haulage & warehousing.
* Sourcing experience in RFI/ RFP, tendering, etc
* Excellent Excel & SAP knowledge/ experience.
* Materials planning experience
* NPI/ Quality assurance experience
* Contract negotiation and management
* Experience and understanding of COGs, pricing & financial reporting.
* Supplier Relationship Management
* Stakeholder engagement
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment