My client, a leading Builders Providers based in Limerick, is in search of a Buyer to join their fast paced and growing Organization.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer who has previous experience working in a fast paced procurement role to expand their experience and progress their career in an established and growing Company.
The responsibilities for the successful Buyer would be:
- Purchase Order (PO) Management from creation to delivery
- Monitoring sales demand and utilising system generated re-order reports to ensure that effective stock holding levels are maintained.
- Preparation of short- and long-term forecasts for optimisation of purchasing process
- Working with stock controller and sales team to minimise aged stock.
- Point of contact for external suppliers and internal purchasing queries.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation and ensuring these relationships are maintained to the highest standards.
- Develop supplier relationship management system and evaluate supplier performance.
- Ensure stock levels reflect business requirements.
- Continuously work to identify and lead process improvement projects
- Liaising with the sales team and suppliers to ensure a high standard of service to our customers is maintained.
The requirements for the successful Buyer include but are not limited to:
- Previous experience in a Procurement/Buying role- preferably construction or builders providers but not essential
- Proven experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Strong ERP systems skills
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint
- Proactive with an ability to show initiative and work towards continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Hardworking and reliable
If you feel that you fulfil the above requirements please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.