Our client a manufacturing company based in the Tipperary area are currently seeking to recruit a Buyer to join their team.
The Buyer is involved in a mix of supply chain activities detailed below:
- Key person for purchasing stock for manufacturing and sales.
- Complete negotiations with suppliers in relation to quantity, cost, delivery and stock holding.
- Generate, adjust, and expedite purchase orders based on MRP.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels for the business.
- Track and monitor purchase orders, keeping production informed of any problems/delays.
- Monitor and report supplier quality and delivery performance.
- Resolve supplier-related problems (work closely with suppliers to ensure a positive and professional relationship exists with clear and open lines of communication).
- Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Planning and Quality to ensure timely throughput and proper prioritisation of materials received.
- Identify expired, excess, and obsolete materials and disposition the material appropriately.
- Analyse and report supply chain performance and diagnose key improvement areas (e.g., supply variability, inventory level, service level, backorder etc.).
- Maintain the key supplier list as current.
Skills & Attributes
- Previous experience in a similar role essential
- Degree/diploma in logistics/supply chain/purchasing an advantage
- Demonstrate an analytical aptitude and the ability to work under pressure to deliver what is required on time is vital
- Be a strong team player and can communicate well and work unsupervised if required.
- Have the ability to prioritise work effectively
- Excellent oral & written communication & strong negotiation skills
- A pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong detail orientation and strong numeracy skills
- Confident with strong communication skills
For full spec and company details, apply with an up-to-date CV to Elizabeth in FRS Recruitment Kilkenny via link provided.