Commutable from Louth, Monaghan and Armagh
FTC - I Year
This is a lovely professional company to work with. You will be working with some of the best in class and all people that we have placed there have been very happy in their roles.
We are looking to speak with buyers that have 3 -5 years experience within procurement, if you have packaging experience that would be highly beneficial. This role will see you manage multiple and varied SKU's and will add some very solid; world recognised experience to your cv.
The scope of this role includes responsibility for managing procurement of all materials including all dry goods, commodities, consumables, labels and indirect materials for demand forecasts to ensure the Operating Unit meetings all production, quality, delivery and cost targets.
Building and developing relationships with key suppliers and implementing sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the assigned portfolio and associated activities for direct and indirect purchases is a key aspect of this role.
Perform due diligence on all new vendors.
What will you be responsible for?
* Implement plans to insure orders meet specified quality and delivery times and to minimize the total cost of purchases.
* Drive continuous improvement in supplier performance for all dry goods, commodities indirect purchases on costs, delivery times, and quality.
* Respond to requests for information, quotations, proposals, and bidding processes for commodities, direct and indirect purchases.
* Evaluate current and potential suppliers in coordination with Supplier Quality Teams.
* Negotiate with suppliers to meet quality, delivery, and cost objectives of direct and indirect purchases.
* Generate unit costs and standard costs of packaging items for annual budgets and upload in the ERP system to roll up final costs of goods sold.
* Analyse costs of procurement and suggest methods to minimize.
* Perform cost scenario analysis and benchmarking for dry goods, direct and indirect purchases.
* Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques (dual sourcing).
* Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers and ensure expectations are met and issues are resolved effectively.
* Carry out external audits on all key suppliers.
* Engage in quarterly business review with all key suppliers.
* Negotiate annual contracts with all key suppliers.
* Continuously review market for opportunities to hedge and minimise up turn risk for the business.
* Generate end of month stock report when necessary by closing off grain and
Do you have the right experience and profile?
* Fundamental knowledge of the Supply Chain & the impact that Purchasing has on it through having experience in an FMCG environment.
* Ability to influence others within the business and develop partnerships with internal customers
* Enthusiastic manner & pro-active, can-do attitude
* Committed to continual improvement in processes, performance and personal development
* Minimum 3 years practical Procurement experience working in a fast moving and energetic business environment
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent
* Full driving licence