Purpose of the role:
The role is to provide excellent sourcing and supply of engineering components. Working alongside Suppliers, Customers & Engineering Divisions, the successful candidate will ensure that the correct suppliers, price, delivery timescales and quality standards are achieved.
- Buyer Account Manager will manage the sourcing of engineering parts on site
- In conjunction with the team the engineering buyer will place stock orders and ensure accurate logistics of all parts
- Buyer Account Manager, you will be responsible for all supply chain reporting,
- Providing price quotations to customers upon request and maintain records of quotations provided for audit purposes.
- To work closely with in house teams to insure a smooth and efficient flow through purchase, receipt and issue of engineering parts
- Identifying and managing cost improvement initiatives and embedding best practice in supplier relationship management
- Liaise with external suppliers, Customer Engineering, third party sub-contractors and all aspects of the operation, to maintain proactive successful relations.
- Proven track record in a similar Buyer role within Pharma or Food Industry
- Engineering experience or purchasing of engineering parts experience
- Proficient in MS tools, Word / Excel / Project / PowerPoint etc
- Prior experience working with a Supply Chain Software
- Good negotiation skills alongside excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Understanding of supply chain systems and processes;