My client, a Multi-national Industrial Manufacturing Company, is in need of a Buyer to join their busy site based on the outskirts of Cork City
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join a world leading organization and grow on their career. This role offers hybrid working and great benefits for the right candidate.
The responsibilities for the Buyer include but are not limited to:
- Purchase expense items, parts, capital materials, supplies, raw materials, packaging, and services for all plants assigned to the Cork site.
- Solicit and evaluate competitive bids for local supplies/services with input from the requisitioner/local management.
- Contact suppliers for electronic delivery documents, transport companies for freight invoices, and maintain trackers daily, overseeing all import/export documentation as required
- Create and issue purchase orders from approved requisitions for both strategic and locally sourced goods and services
- Communicate and resolve promptly purchase order discrepancies such as descriptions, delivery date and pricing.
- Ensure that key purchase orders arrive at the proper time and expedites the order as/when necessary.
- Manage inbound raw materials and work with Global Supply Chain Strategic Logistics and/or Supply Chain Global Business Services
- Maintain up to date standard work procedures and training documents for all procurement processes.
- Attend any required meetings for the location supported and any other meetings.
- Support Accounts Payables by providing suppliers statements for outstanding invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements for the desired Buyer include:
- Previous purchasing experience- preferably in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Strong ERP systems skills (Oracle experience desired but not essential)
- Strong IT systems skills (Excel, Outlook etc)
- Expertise of the Purchasing/Supply Chain process cycle in a manufacturing environment includes knowledge of requisitions, purchase documents, quotations, receiving, supplier management, and item management business processes.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Hardworking and reliable.
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment today.