My Client, a leading manufacturer located in Cork City, is in need of a Buyer to join their busy logistics department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer who is looking to join a fast paced, growing environment and is looking to expand their logistics experience.
The Buyer reports to the Purchasing Team Leader and will have responsibility for ensuring that purchased materials are available for production on schedule and at the best price to meet customer requirements, from entry and maintenance of Purchase orders in the ERP system to management of the supply base.
The Buyer will require daily interface with the supplier base, Company internal operations, engineering and Program Management functions to ensure attainment of schedule and fulfilment of customer requirements.
The Responsibilities for the role include:
- Purchasing goods and services at the best Cost/Quality/Lead Time.
- Coordinate Purchase Requisitions, Raise Purchase Orders and monitor supplier delivery dates. Communicate any risks/issues to senior colleagues and work to resolve.
- Expedite urgent and outstanding orders to support Production and ensure Delivery target of >98% is achieved.
- Develop effective relations with suppliers, partners and stakeholders.
- Supporting new part introduction with the accurate and timely set up of purchasing related data
- All admin duties arising from the above including; accurate maintenance of computer files, filing of quotes and purchase order duplicates, up to date records and Vendor Assessments
- Provide weekly task reports
- Assist in developing suitable supplier relationships and reducing inventory
- Management of supplier performance including vendor reviews, to include on time performance, quality issues, communication effectiveness, cost reduction and process improvement.
- Identify and deliver cost saving projects across direct and indirect spend
- Support cost estimate and quotation process on potential business and new products
- Support new development projects and ongoing business growth.
The requirements for the desired Buyer
- Minimum 1 year experience in purchasing electronics within an MRP system
- Experience purchasing within a manufacturing and/or design environment, at a minimum running under ISO9001 certification.
- Positive, flexible approach, able to prioritise workload and see tasks through to completion.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with proven ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate excellent communication with team members, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Able to work well in a team environment and on your own initiative within a team setting.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledge of Lean principles and evidence of contributing to Continuous Improvement
- A Technical or engineering qualification in a complimentary discipline would be an advantage
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.