Business Development Manager
Our very successful client is a leading analytical testing facility based in Co. Waterford. They are looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Manager to drive sales in the food industry.
This role can be based out of Cork, Dublin or Dungarvan
This is a permanent position. Salary is negotiable and fantastic benefits offered.
About the company - Your future company based in Co Waterford is a world leader scientific food and feed testing.
The purpose of this role is to deliver sales and revenue targets, develop sales and marketing strategies to secure new business opportunities and to manage and support the sales team. This person will work to raise the profile of the company in Ireland by identifying, negotiating and managing business development opportunities in order to retain current customers and grow our customer base. They will support the sales team with sales and marketing across the sites sectors - Food Microbiology, Food chemistry and Environmental testing services.
- Identification and development of business opportunities to achieve sales and revenue targets.
- Delivery of sales targets at least in line with the annual budget. The Managing Director will set the areas and specific targets. Senior level account development.
- Manage internal processes to deliver timely and accurate quotes and contracts.
- Periodical reporting of business performance as required.
- Support and manage field and office-based sales staff.
- Development of sales tools and maintenance and updating of sales information systems.
- To have an understanding of costing and pricing strategies in order to prepare and update quotations and project specifications for customers.
- Keep up to date with current techniques, topics and legislation and actively inform the customer of any relevant changes to the laboratories INAB accreditation.
- To be familiar with customer specific requirements and retailer standards e.g. M&S, Tesco accreditation.
- Responsible for managing the tendering process as required.
- Responsible for raising the company profile through the website, social media, e-marketing and communication to the customers.
- A third level qualification in Business / Marketing or Science.
Experience / Skills
- Proven ability to develop new sales.
- Proven track record of winning profitable business.
- Proven management skills in leading and motivating a sales team.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Well-organised with good project management skills.
- Account development strategy and techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of customer organisations, development and commercial supply chain activities.
- Contractual review and implementation skills
For further information on this role please contact Joan Fitzgerald on 086-1424837 or Tara Kelly on 086-1451078.