Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive is a newly created position. A "pro-active sales", role this will involve driving and managing sales through conference/ function/wedding/corporate events, both B2B & B2C. Field based/nationally.
- Building relationships/ Relationship management of new and existing clients for national corporate, conference, association, meetings & events business
- Perform day to day sales activity for conference & events segments including lead generation, sales calls, rate negotiation, site inspections, attendance at trade shows, client entertainment and regional sales trips
- Contact and secure event business from the local market focusing on clubs and associations to confirm gala event and meeting business to the hotel
- Negotiate rates and confirm accommodation, meeting and event business into the hotel.
- To ensure the professional execution of quotations, follow up, confirmations and cancellations
- Ensure a good understanding of budgets & targets across the core conference & event hotels within the organization
- Identify key competitors and carry out regular competitor analysis; monitoring their performance, rates and sales activity
- To be fully aware of the main market developments and other factors that would influence business or create favourable market conditions
- Present and sell available and suitable banquet / event options to the highest possible standard
- Maintain and exceed sales targets defined by the management
- Be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and achieve daily targets, whilst offering a very high level of Customer Service
- Identity and develop commercial opportunities across all areas of the conference & events business maximising all revenue channels to include room hire, menu pricing, beverage.
- Each month review the next 6 months availability to highlight high or low demand dates and undertake sales activity to secure new business for these periods
- Attend trade and travel shows of various market area for promoting hotel conference event business
- Encouraging repeat business through excellent customer service and enquiry handling.
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
- Ensure online meeting partner websites are regularly updated and managed including photos, descriptions and promotions
- Ensure all enquiries are recorded accurately within the Sales Department
- Assist the hotel to identify new avenues of business and confirm conference and event business to the hotel
- Other duties and tasks assigned by the management within the job scope
- Report weekly & monthly on account/client performance and general activity to Director of Sales and General Manager
- Executive quarterly activity plans to create focus and adapt activity to support business needs
- The ideal candidate will have a successful sales & business development background within a Hotel, Meetings or Events sector
- Strong communication & administration skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Irish hotel sector and its competitors
- Comfortable working independently but also with colleagues in Events and Sales
- Strong track record of successfully growing revenues from existing clients and identifying and delivering opportunities from new prospective customers
- Ability to travel would be necessary
- Must have own transport and driving licence
- 2 / 3 years experience in hotel sales or event sales with proven track record.
- Competitive salary on offer for successful candidate