Business Development Executive
Business Development Executive
A leading global player in the Energy sector, our client has grown their business exponentially over the past 5 years, and as a result a Business Development Executive job has become available within their Sales team. With high spec city centre offices, our client offers an ideal opportunity for an ambitious professional to join their sales team.
What the job entails
This sales job will entail managing all aspects of new customer acquisition, including; prospecting, customer meetings and closing sales. Working with a very experienced and encouraging team, you will be given all the support you need to succeed. Our client is looking for an individual with a high level of professionalism that will represent the company well.
Our client wants you to be energetic and self-motivated with previous demonstrable experience of successful direct corporate sales. You will be proactive and organised in driving the sales effort.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- An ability to deal with customers and suppliers in face to face, telephone and email interactions will be required.
- Equally important will be strong persuasive abilities.
- A team player, this person will have good people and organisational management skills.
- A local contact network that will help to generate opportunities and leads into large energy users will be required for this role.
- Have strong B2B, field-based Business Development experience, preferably selling into large industrial & commercial organisations.
- Minimum requirement two years' experience.
- Experience and / or knowledge of energy services would be a distinct advantage
- A third-level qualification or equivalent is required
- Experience as an Engineer / technical background is a distinct advantage
This is a pivotal role within the organisation driving our business forward by targeting and winning customers in the corporate sector. The desired result is the acquisition and retention of customers but the work required to achieve this will be varied and will include significant interaction with other functions such as Marketing and Operations.
- Deliver agreed new business sales targets
- Cold-calling to identify new prospects
- Assist sales campaigns, preparation of written proposals, pricing / comparative and margin analyses to the high standards Vayu expects. Lead proposals to retain Customers when contracts are put up for tender
- Accurate and timely Sales Reporting to management
- Gather and share market information including competitor activity
- Attend corporate entertainment and networking events which may take place out of hours including on weekends
- Identify and create opportunities to cross-sell other Vayu products and services
- Take responsibility for managing the day to day operational activity of acquiring new accounts
- Develop the Customer relationship from the initial sales close with a deeper/more personal understanding of the Customers' requirements
- Run appropriate/relevant seminars, training activities etc. in collaboration with Marketing
- Drive the creation of new products to meet market demand; absorption of feedback and competitor information to create useful specifications for product development
- Use business contact network to develop leads and opportunities into large energy users
This role has the potential to develop into a senior account management / sales position with further potential for team leadership responsibility. As the business grows and develops into new markets, the nature of selling will have to change markedly (e.g. telesales, online, outsourcing, etc.), and these developments will create their own momentum and opportunities for the creative and adaptable individual.
- Basic €30K - €40K D.O.E.
- Bonus €12K
- Car allowance €5K
- Food allowance €2.5K
- Health insurance