Business Development / Corporate Accounts Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Convert the strategic and tactical business plans for the segment into a practical implementation plan that will provide profitable business performance for the nominated accounts.
- Utilise all sources of customer information, especially Customer Relationship Management (CRM), in order to effectively sell the value and service proposition to the customer base.
- Achieve the sales, profitability and other targets within the nominated customer account base, taking account of Activity Based Management (ABM).
- Collaborate with the branch network, segments and channels in order to ensure there is full understanding and buy on the service proposition and that it is delivered to the customer.
- Provide account management for the nominated accounts, which will include the implementation of the development plan.
- Identify non-segment accounts with the growth potential to become major (segment) accounts and provide colleagues in the branch network with the support to ensure that this happens.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the business through active collaboration in activities required as a senior member of the business team.
- Provide management with required reports, information and feedback to contribute to the effective strategic planning, budgeting and performance management of the business in agreed formats and within agreed time-frames.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
A minimum of a degree in a Marketing, Finance or Purchasing discipline
Experience in managing people
5 years working in a fast-paced Manufacturing / Service industry.
Experience in working with Microsoft Word, Excel is essential
Knowledge of ERP systems is desirable
Strong teamwork background
Ability to work with detailed information in a structured fashion Excellent communication and numeracy skills
Ability to follow both written and verbal instruction Understanding of Health & Safety issues
Conscientious and hardworking individual who has the ability to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, whilst maintaining accuracy at all times.
Ability to work to tight deadlines and to deal with several issues at once
Combination of office and Travel