Business Development - Charity Organisation
Role & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the post is to support the Regional Fundraising Manager to achieve annual income targets for the region for the benefit of the organization. This will be achieved by undertaking a range of duties and responsibilities related to the strategic fundraising goals.
* Provide support to the Regional Fundraising Manager in coordinating activities in line with the National Fundraising Plan, such as annual campaigns, activities, public fundraising campaigns, and events in your area.
* Provide support with the organization of flagship events
* Contribute to the development and delivery of efficient systems and practices in your area to improve supporter care, return on investment for The company, and best fundraising practice.
* Organise and manage specific fundraising initiatives independently of but approved by the Regional Fundraising Manager, examples may include (Golf Classics, Coffee mornings, Hill Climbs, Annual Church Gate Collections, online events, or others).
* Provide support and advice on best practice fundraising to parents/service users/other parties who are fundraising for the organization; ensure all fundraisers comply with The company's fundraising guidelines and ensure issues are discussed and resolved locally where appropriate.
* Manage cash handling & banking; recording and receipting in-coming cash to the department in line with The company Cash & Post Handling Procedure for Galway/Mayo/Roscommon region;
* Input data into the Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system on a daily or weekly basis, to ensure donor and volunteer committee information and results can be monitored regularly.
* Contribute to the development of detailed 'Case for Support' communications and proposals for projects that require funding in your local region with your regional manager, the corporate manager, or members of the executive team
* Provide general administrative support to the Fundraising Manager as appropriate
* In keeping with The company and Gov/HSE guidelines attend local committee meetings and client presentations for various campaigns
Education, Skills & Experience Required:
* A minimum of 3 years experience in a business dev role and a strong understanding of the Irish fundraising landscape
* Be prepared to advocate the work of The company generally in the community in support of fundraising opportunities
* Proven experience of growing income in the sector through excellent relationship management
* Proven strategic writing skills with the ability to articulate and inspire the long-term vision and values of The company.
* Expertise in every stage of prospect pipeline management from identification to solicitation and stewardship
* Ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
* Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to prioritize a heavy workload and meet deadlines.
* Experience using a CRM system, for example, Salesforce experience is beneficial.
* Proven professional communication skills with excellent attention to detail
* Initiative and focus to carry out the research function of this role
* Experience working with databases and supporter journeys
* Experience in managing digital fundraising platforms
* Ability and willingness to travel nationally, when required