Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with our customers to explore and understand their business requirements and transform these into detailed functional specifications that can be delivered by our software team.
- Participating in delivery team agile ceremonies including sprint meetings, sprint planning, backlog grooming.
- Be the primary go-to person within the delivery team in relation to customer requirements.
- Performing user story decomposition where required.
- Defining acceptance criteria for user stories and reviewing with the team and Product Owner to ensure that stakeholder and Product Owner intent is effectively captured and developed.
- Creating low-fidelity wireframes, if required.
- Ensuring solution requirements documentation is kept up to date for the duration of the project.
- Communicating and presenting technical and process dependencies to clients in a manner understandable by business users.
- Working on client sites and accommodating travel as required by each project.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Business Analyst working primarily in the software development industry.
- Degree or equivalent in a computing or engineering discipline.
- Strong team player with a results-oriented track record.
- The role has a strong customer-facing element, so the candidate must be confident and comfortable in dealing with personnel at all levels and possess well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Experience creating software functional specifications and business process flows.
- Experience creating and managing product backlogs in an agile development environment.
- Proven ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Proven ability to read, analyse, and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to the most sensitive enquiries or complaints from customers.
- Strong understanding of INVEST principles and how they apply to well-formed user stories.
- Good understanding of high-level software architectural concepts such as data-models, process flows and context diagrams.
- Ability to have a positive impact on team members and communicate openly and directly to individuals or groups at all levels.
- Ability to solve complex problems and take an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Participate in continuous improvement practices.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach, getting things done, accountability & ownership, prioritise own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English as this will be a customer-facing role.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a continuous learning mindset.
- Previous software development or quality assurance experience would be an advantage.
- Previous exposure to agile methodologies would be a significant advantage.
- This is a Hybrid role. You must attend the Limerick office 1 day per week. (Wednesdays)