Business Analyst Finance
Business Analyst - Full time - Hybrid - Co.Clare
About this Role:
The primary purpose of the Business Analyst role is to support the onboarding of new portfolios to businesses by analysing business processes and ensuring that requirements are clearly defined, appropriately designed, and input to the development process as part of the project delivery lifecycle and change controls items. The Business Analyst will also carry out testing activities as part of root cause analysis and UAT.
- Business Design -Conduct high quality business analysis and provide clear business requirement documentation
- Proactively engage with Project Manager, Head of Business Design and/or functional leaders to document business improvements and/or issues.
- Elicit and document business requirements with end users and stakeholders
- Create Business Requirements Documents and Functional Specifications.
- Communication of the requirements to IT
- Working with HBD and operational SMEs to capture to be processes and supporting documentation - i.e., SOPS, procedures, policy updates
- Provide support to UAT team by defining and carrying out tests to validate new processes.
- Ensure Business readiness for deployment of the change - i.e., Training support, user configuration, migration support, incident management
- Communication to the business / client
- Identify and escalate important systems issues to the BDM.
Key Performance Indicators
- Documents are clear, concise, and accurate
- Person acts as SME and demonstrates functional design competence across all teams
- Ownership of BA tasks and delivery to a high standard
- Successful implementation of all changes under the remit of the BA.
- Prompt identification of important system issues
- Urgent issues prioritized and escalated to correct person
- Prompt delivery of solution.
- First time resolution of defects.
- Minimal unforeseen repercussions of development.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Candidates should be highly professional, self-motivated with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience working as a business analyst in financial services/Insurance.
- Significant experience and knowledge of supporting transformational change in a Retail mortgage servicing business
- Experienced in MS Office including Word, Visio, and high degree of proficiency in Microsoft excel and experience analysing large data sets.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
- Strong understanding of all aspects of systems implementation and software development life cycles.
- Strong financial analysis skills with the ability to review, understand and interpret loans interest and billing history.
- A proven track record of excellent communication and customer service skills enabling successful collaboration with key stakeholders; ability to translate client requirements into tangible requirements/ deliverables.
- Experience working with technical and business teams to translate internal and external business needs to drive functional and technical requirements.
- 3rd Level Qualification
- Professional Qualification in Business Analysis
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Recognised IT Qualification
- Recognised Project Management Qualification
- Experience and knowledge on various loan product types i.e., Simple vs. Compound Interest, Billing amounts, Capital & Interest loans, Interest Only loans, Part and Part loans and Interest Rate types i.e., Fixed rate, Variable rate, Tracker rate.
- A third level Financial, Accounting or Business-related qualification would be a distinct advantage
- Business Requirements and Process mapping
- IT Knowledge - General
- Accuracy & Quality
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills- Written
- Problem solving
- Team Working
- Conflict Management
- Good stakeholder management skills
- 20 days annual leave per annum plus 3 company days
- LAYA Healthcare - immediate access from Day 1.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme - immediate access from Day 1.
- Robust further education scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Tax Saver Commuter Ticket
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellness Programme
- Long term sickness benefit (PHI)
- Life Assurance/Death in Service
- Free Parking