Are you an experienced Branch Manager? Are you looking for a role and organisation you can grow and develop in? Our client is looking to add a Branch manager to their team to drive operations in their Kerry based branch. The successful candidate will oversee all functions on-site from maximising sales and monitoring stock to managing the team in this fast-paced environment.
- Full day to day responsibility for the branch performance.
- Working closely with the Sales Manager and the Branch team to maximise sales and business development opportunities in the area.
- People management including the management, coaching and development of the team based in the branch.
- Ensuring that the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Building good working relationships with group purchasing, central distribution and with suppliers.
- Stock management at the branch including stock taking, cycle counting and reducing the levels of slow moving stock, as well as maintaining stock levels within targets. This will involve developing a strong working relationship with the group stock management team.
- Monitoring and maintaining an efficient level of branch operating costs, as well as leading cost saving initiatives.
- Ensuring that the branch maintains the highest standards of housekeeping in the warehouse, yard and shop.
- Ensuring that the shop is presented well from a merchandising perspective to ensure a very positive customer experience.
- Ensuring all mandatory health and safety training is completed and that the branch is a safe place for both staff and customers.
- Working closely with group credit control to ensure that debtors days are minimised as well as ensuring that customers are trading within the approved credit arrangements.
- Working closely with the Group Marketing Manager to ensure that appropriate local marketing campaigns are ran.
- Co-ordinating the local administrative requirements of the branch and ensuring that company policies are adhered to in conjunction with Group Finance, IT and HR.
- Attending group meetings and focus group sessions involving colleagues from across the branch network to share experiences and best practices in order to identify improvements.
- Network and maintain excellent relations with the local community to improve the presence of the branch and the company.
- 4 years' experience in Commercial and/or Operational Roles in the merchanting sector.
- Be a result's driven person with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent communicator
- Has the vision to identify and seize commercial opportunities
- Good leadership and people management skills and an ability to maintain a positive team spirit.
- Be confident and comfortable making decisions in the business on a day to day basis.
- An ability to work on their own initiative but also as part of a larger management team.
- Be computer literate and experienced in using IT systems.