Branch Manager ( Builders Providers )
We are currently recruiting for a Branch Manager for one of Ireland's largest independent builder's providers. This position is based in Co Laois and is a full time , permanent role.
The product range includes building materials, plumbing & heating, timber & sheeting, insulation, plant & tool hire, painting & decorating, doors & floors, bathrooms, garden and outdoor and much more.
- Driving the day to day sales and margin growth of the branch
- Working closely with group senior management and with the regional sales team who will be also contributing to the branch targets
- Ensuring that the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times
- Building good working relationships with the group purchasing department and with suppliers
- Monitoring and maintaining an efficient level of branch operating costs
- Ensuring that the branch maintains the highest standards of housekeeping in the warehouse, yard and shop
- Ensuring that the shop is presented well from a merchandising perspective to ensure a very positive customer experience
- Ensuring all mandatory health and safety training is completed and that the branch is a safe place for both staff and customers
- Managing, coaching and developing the team based in the branch
- Managing stock levels and maintaining an efficient level of stock
- Working closely with group credit control to ensure that debtors days are minimised as well as ensuring that customers are trading within the approved credit arrangements
- Working closely with the Group Marketing Manager to ensure that appropriate local marketing campaigns are ran
- Co-ordinating the local administrative requirements of the branch and ensuring that company policies are adhered to in conjunction with Group Finance, IT and HR
- Attending group meetings and focus group sessions involving colleagues from across the branch network to share experiences and best practices in order to identify improvements
- Network and maintain excellent relations with the local community to improve the presence of the branch and the company.
Experience & Qualification:
- Proven branch management or assistant management experience in a similar business
- Knowledge and experience of building materials and the construction sector would clearly be advantageous
- Be a results driven person with a proven track record of meeting sales, margin and working capital targets (stock, debtors and creditors)
- Good leadership and people management skills and an ability to maintain a positive team spirit
- Be confident and comfortable making decisions in the business on a day to day basis
- An ability to work on their own initiative but also as part of a larger management team
- Be computer literate and experienced in using IT systems
Excellent salary & bonus on offer
* My client will also consider applications from candidates with assistant management experience in a similar business.
Send your CV through the attached link
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 for a confidential discussion