Bid Manager/Head of BD
Permanent Full Time
A leading contractor in the utilities field is looking to recruit a Bid Manager. This person will assist the existing commercial management and design management teams to ensure that new and existing business is developed and maintained.
This person must come from a technical background within utilities, engineering or construction ideally a Quantity Surveyor or Engineering background with a strong knowledge of contracts and contract management. Exposure to tender preparation is an essential element for this role.
The candidate will be joining a well-established firm that have a number of key project running currently and more forecast for the next 12 months. This is an ideal role for someone who has a keen eye for detail.
This role will include;
- Management of all tenders
- Pursue new and existing business
- Liaise with all members of staff within the management and commercial teams
- Collate information with existing staff
- Construct accurate, precise and detailed tender applications for submission
- Communicate with existing staff members any changes or amendments
- Seek advice where necessary particularly when dealing with long term clients and proposals
- Develop a database of tender proposal information for future use and continuous improvement
- Be happy to update tender processes and criteria on a continuous basis
- Willing to assist commercial management team with any other tasks as requested for the safe delivery of projects
What you will need;
- Degree qualification within construction or engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with utilities, civil engineering, construction or a related field
- Ideally has worked in a Bid Management role or has assisted on the construction of bids and tenders
- Excellent communication skills
- Superb administrative skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to work to critical deadlines
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Can work in Ireland without restriction
- Located in the South East of Ireland or willing to relocate to Kilkenny, Carlow, Waterford or Wexford.
For further information please contact Miriam at 085 2797250