Basic Grade Hospital Pharmacist
Basic Grade Pharmacist required for a hospital in Dublin
- To work as part of the Pharmacy Team to provide medications in a safe, appropriate and cost-effective manner.
- To work as part of the Pharmacy Team to provide a comprehensive clinical pharmaceutical service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The provision of a comprehensive pharmaceutical service to service users
- The provision and development of services to the wards, including ward round attendance, Kardex review, patient counselling and medicines reconciliation
- The purchase, storage and supply of all pharmaceutical items consistent with quality, safety and value for money with reference to legal requirements, transit, security and conditions of chemical and physical stability
- The maintenance of records for purchasing, quality control, compounding and dispensing to the standards required
- The provision of advice as required, to medical and nursing staff on the safe, effective and economical use of drugs and medicines, including participation in schemes and educational activities for the dissemination of information in relation to drugs and drug usage
- The provision of medicines information and advice services to patients and their families when required
- Identify, report and act as appropriate on medication safety-related risks and incidents and actively participate in risk management
- Production of annual and other reports as required
- Ensure health and safety standards are met
- Participation in the discharge planning of priority patients and liaison with community-based health professionals when deemed necessary
- Participation in the ongoing provision of safe systems of generic substitution
- Participation in policy development under the direction of the Head of Pharmacy Services, to ensure adherence to best practices in medicine use and to ensure legal compliance with new and existing pharmacy legislation
- Co-operation with medical and nursing staff and others as appropriate, to facilitate patient safety and patient care in the management of new and existing treatment strategies
- Participation in multi-disciplinary committees when deemed appropriate by the Head of Pharmacy Services
- Participation in audit and research as deemed necessary by the Head of Pharmacy Services
- Assisting the Pharmacy team in the performance of his/her duties as required
- Create and promote healthy working relationships within the pharmacy department and with other departments throughout the Hospital
- The undertaking of such other duties as deemed appropriate to the office, as may be
- assigned to him/her by the Head of Pharmacy Services and other duly authorised officers of the Hospital Board e.g. CEO
- To have a recognised degree in Pharmacy.
- To be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland and produce evidence to the Hospital of continued registration as requested.
- ideally to have some post-registration Hospital experience.
- Previous experience with accreditation processes, such as JCI, HIQA, is desirable.
For more information, please call Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Basic Grade Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Hospital, Senior Pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacist, Leinster, Supervising Pharmacist, Locum Pharmacist, Dublin