Bar Manager for a 4 star hotel complex in County Galway.
Are you looking for a change of scenery and want to relocate to a remote part of the west of Ireland?
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who will have a genuine passion for the industry and possess the desire to work well within a close team. The ideal candidate will be outgoing and a highly motivated individual who is business minded, has a proactive approach to revenue generation and achieving targets - all while focusing on delighting each and every guest with exceptional customer service standards.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Management of the beverage service department, ensuring the policies and procedures in place are achieving the highest level of customer service at all times.
- To ensure the smooth running of the bar service and that the bar is prepared for meal service daily.
- To work closely with other departments as a team to give each guest a personalised service catered to their every need.
- Continuous evaluation of the performance and continuous improvement of the personnel in the beverage department.
- To plan and implement a training and development program within the department, which provides well-trained employees at all levels advancement in career development.
- To ensure that agreed targets are met, budgeted figures and GP margins are achieved and that the department is managed in a profitable manner.
- Proactive motivation of the team to ensure that a sales culture is maintained by up selling of items within the department and cross selling throughout all the resort's departments at all times.
- To ensure labour costs are controlled and managed to provide an efficient and effective delivery of service through the implementation and monitoring of roster schedules for the operation of the department to achieve a profitable result.
- To be aware of relevant competitor information and market changes and to initiate appropriate changes to our services.
- To ensure communication is efficient and effective and that daily team meetings, weekly communication meetings and pre service briefings are held in all areas.
- Ensuring all administration/back office procedures are managed effectively including rostering, payroll applications, ordering, invoicing, training and employee records etc.
- To serve all the guests in a friendly, efficient and professional manner.
- To ensure cleanliness levels are maintained to a high standard in the department.
- Participate with the Head Chef in the creation of attractive menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Create attractive beverage and cocktail menus to increase sales and customer spend.
- To play a vital role in ensuring all guests receive a great experience.
- To, most of all, lead by example.
Skills & Experience Required:
Previous experience in a similar role with a thorough knowledge of food & beverage operations including food, beverage, service techniques and guest interaction.
- Visual ability to observe employees in the workplace, analyse operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as employee performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale.
- Cocktail making experience
- Genuine passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality industry and for providing exceptional service standards.
- Have an interest in PR and marketing and see the benefits of multi media for the promotion of the resort.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
If you think that this role would suit a friend or colleague, please feel free to pass on my details.
Bar Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, Beverage Manager, Duty Manager, Assistant Manager