This role is key to Client's growth ambitions - the successful candidate will be joining the team developing Client's connectivity services in the IOT (Internet of Things) space. Client's IOT connectivity solutions are built on top of our class-leading network-as-a-service platform. This team is central in helping Client and our global partners deliver innovative services into the rapidly expanding IOT markets worldwide.
The Client's engineering team uses the latest technologies to deliver our unique connectivity services. We strive for sophisticated configuration and reporting capabilities, via rich and accessible user interfaces. The depth of our technology stack means our developers are typically exposed to a wide variety of technologies - we are not afraid to deploy the right tool for the job! We work in Agile teams, with full ownership of end-to-end delivery. As such expect exposure to the full software development lifecycle - from requirements gathering and design all the way through to development, continuous integration/continuous deployment, QA and in-life operational support.
Skills - Required
- 4+ years commercial software experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of API development, standards and best practises.
- Experience delivering back-end services to production in a cloud-hosted environment (e.g. Azure/AWS)
- Experience with Service/Daemon development (ideally C/C++) on Windows and/or Linux is a major advantage
- Proficiency with modern software development tooling and methodologies (e.g. version control with GIT, workflow management with Jira/VSTS or similar)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practises (e.g. Jenkins)
- Commitment to quality and comfortable with automated testing tools and frameworks
- Experience working in an Agile team, with embedded QA, Design and Product Owner
- Self-starter, with willingness to take ownership of end-to-end delivery
- Excellent communication skills, and critically, superb attention to detail is a must
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Practical experience with installation/package management on Windows/Linux is a bonus.
- Hands-on experience with NodeJS in production is also a plus.
- Familiarity with Single Page Application (SPA) development and/or ES6 and front-end development frameworks - e.g. AngularJS
- Familiarity with fundamental design principles and designing for scale (e.g. DDD, Microservices, Orchestration etc.)
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.