I am delighted to be assisting this well-known highly respected manufacturing company in Shannon find an Automation Manager to join their team.
It is a fabulous place to work. They really know how to look after their staff and have all of the state-of-the-art equipment and technologies. They work with leading medical device multinationals in Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get great exposure working on innovative projects.
They have over 140 staff with very low turnover and when you meet them you can see why! Every Engineer who has gone there through me I have assisted them through the process. After they have met this company at interview stage, they always want the job and no Engineer has turned down their offer.
They have a highly attractive package including pension and health insurance.
The Automation Manager will design and develop innovation automation solutions. This will be done by working with cross functional engineering teams, investigating the next generation technologies and translating these into controls solutions. They will lead and manage a team of controls engineers.
- Lead software activities with the project teams to deliver projects on time and on budget with required quality level.
- Contribute to the management, communication, execution & delivery of allocated projects, reporting back on project progress (technical issues / project updates) as required.
- Contribute to all stages of the project from proposal, through execution, delivery and review.
- Design and development of controls solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Lead meetings both internally and with customers.
- Proactively source new technologies within all areas of automation.
- Ensure good disciplines are in place within your team, especially H&S, time-keeping, record keeping etc.
- Maintain clear structure & regular communications within team and the controls group.
- Coaching through performance reviews, feedback and goal setting.
- Support development of training and development plans for team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Electronic, IT or Technology discipline with 5+ years' experience in a controls role.
- Experience leading/managing people.
- Experience of working on automation projects.
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration.
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms essential.
- Programming experience in Robotics, Cobotics, Vision & Scada systems
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical.
- Full Drivers License is required
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Emer on 0860437889.