Automation Engineer up to €65K
I am delighted to be assisting this lovely SME manufacturer in Shannon find an Automation Engineer to join their team. I have visited them and it is a fabulous place to work. They really know how to look after their staff. They have all of the state of the art equipment and work with leading medical device multinationals. They have over 140 staff with very low turnover and after yesterday, I can see why! Paying up to €65K
It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer to join their growing business. The successful person will focus on all aspects of automation and control systems to deliver sustainable innovative engineering solutions.
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Become the subject matter expert in PLC control systems as used within the group
- Project manages the control aspects of a significant new technology transfer into the Shannon site.
- Optimize the control system of this new technology to deliver high process capability.
- Provide daily production support through troubleshooting, practical problem solving and continuous process improvements.
- Proactively share updates across the group and ensures all deliverables / dependencies are highlighted.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is updated in a timely manner
- As part of planned technology transfer and cross plant training, some travel will be required
- Engineering degree with 3 years plus experience within a manufacturing environment.
- An openness to new technologies and ability to follow-up on these independently.
- A motivated individual with strong can do attitude with a strong ability to think "outside the box".
- Ability to relate and work effectively with staff at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills