Automation Engineer - Siemens
Our client, based in South Tipperary are recruiting for Automation Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
The position will require you to support the manufacturing projects and contribute to the development and implementation of the business manufacturing strategy. You will also be responsible for the implementation of manufacturing solutions to meet the requirements of site needs. As well as troubleshooting across the site to resolve process / system problems or faults.
- Ideally will have a minimum of a National Diploma in a suitable Engineering subject and ideally at least 4 to 5 years' experience in supporting technical / maintenance.
- Must have knowledge in Siemens PLC's (S7 300,400, 1200,1500 ), B&R Automation Studio, TIA Portal, WinCC Flex 2008, SCADA system (InTouch, Ignition Automation) computer systems, word processing and spreadsheets, and ideally in integrated manufacturing systems, Motion and Machine Control Systems,
- Must have knowledge of Robotics, Vision Detection Systems, Speed drives (Danfoss, Mitsubishi), Process transmitters (Level, Pressure, Temperature) and Data Capture used in High Volume Manufacturing.
- Preferably have a knowledge of Industrial Networks (Ethernet IP, Control Net & Profibus) and has worked on an MES system. Must have a good understanding of Manufacturing Automation, and ideally in Machine design, Development and Validation Process.
- Preferably worked in either the Medical, Packaging or technological industries with a good understanding of the regulatory requirements.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks; must be detail orientated and self-motivated.
- Must be able to work independently on own projects while working concurrently with all departments and levels of employees.
APPLY TODAY! Contact Kerry Rickard for more information and to review the full job spec