Automation Engineer-Limerick City
Title: Automation Engineer
Reports To: Services Manager
Based At: Limerick, Ireland
The position is focused on 1) working with our product development team to develop innovative, new, fully-integrated hardware and software systems, and 2) installing, commissioning and maintaining these systems in the field. The position will report to the services organisation but will be expected to work closely with the product development team
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Configure, install and commission electrical and electronic equipment to measure and monitor energy
- Conduct technical site visits and surveys
- Develop detailed technical and material requirements and method statements
- Provide technical support and deal with client enquiries
- Liaising and overseeing sub-contractors and managing large installs
- Collaboratively work with the multi-disciplinary engineering team to ensure reviews and recommendations are completed to professional standards.
- To locate & purchase items of equipment to facilitate the speedy & effective service to our clients.
- Ensuring technical viability of proposed capital projects to generate the anticipated energy and process improvements.
- To observe and comply with all working practices and to ensure compliance with the appropriate health & safety statutory requirements at all times.
- Assist in providing a safe working environment for all staff and clients who enter the workspace
- Be competent in all aspects of containment, fault finding, trouble shootings and strong knowledge of reading schematics
- Flexibility - This role may require travel, both domestic and foreign, from time-to-time
- Work with the rest of the product team to design and develop fully integrated systems combining hardware and software.
- A relevant degree in Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or similar. A diploma may be considered in exceptional circumstances
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial experience
- A background in the electrical trade would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent knowledge of automation protocols such as MODBUS and Profibus
- Excellent knowledge of embedded serial protocols such as RS-232, RS-485
- Knowledge of BACnet is an advantage
- Knowledge of PLC programming a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of implementation of, or support of, the following would be an advantage: PI Historian or similar systems, relational database systems, Ethernet networking, wireless telemetry systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages, e.g Lua, perl, python, would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of C would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to manage projects and to be self-sustaining with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work alone and manage own schedule.
- Experience in Electrical & Utility metering an advantage
- Clean driving licence