I am delighted to be assisting this well-known highly respected manufacturing company in Shannon find an Automation Engineer to join their team.
It is a fabulous place to work. They really know how to look after their staff and have all of the state-of-the-art equipment and technologies. They work with leading medical device multinationals in Ireland. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to get great exposure working on innovative projects.
They have over 140 staff with very low turnover and when you meet them you can see why! Every Engineer who has gone there through me I have assisted them through the process. After they have met this company at interview stage, they always want the job and no Engineer has turned down their offer.
They have a highly attractive package including pension and health insurance.
The Automation Engineer will contribute to all stages of automation projects and will execute & deliver on allocated projects through collaboration with the whole team.
- Execute & deliver on allocated projects.
- Lead and carry out the software development.
- Contribute to all stages of automation projects through collaboration with mechanical/electrical departments.
- Proactively source new technologies within all areas of Automation.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies.
- Support continuous improvement within the department.
- Support department goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Electronic, IT or Technology discipline with 3+ years' experience.
- Experience of working on automation projects.
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration.
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms.
- Programming experience in Robotics, Vision or Scada systems.
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End.
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming.
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical.
For a confidential discussion or further information please contact Emer on 0860437889.