Job title: Automation Engineer
Location: Shannon, Co. Clare
Type of role: full time, permanent
I am delighted to be assisting this extraordinary SME manufacturer in Shannon find an Automation Engineer to join their growing team. With extremely low staff turnaround, well looked after staff it is a fabulous place to work. If you'd like to work on bespoke designs with state of the art equipment and work with leading medical device multinationals apply today! Attractive package on offer.
It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation engineer to join their growing business. The Automation Engineer will report directly to the Controls Team Lead. You will be work on the development of innovative solutions for our multinational customer base.
Main requirements and qualifications
- Degree in Electronic, IT or Technology discipline with 3+ years' experience
- Experience of working on automation projects
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms essential
- Additional Skills
- Programming experience in Robotics, Vision or Scada systems
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience of working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical
Main duties and responsibilities would be but not limited to:
- Execute & deliver on allocated projects
- Lead and carry out the software development
- Contribute to all stages of automation projects through collaboration with mechanical/electrical departments
- Proactively source new technologies within all areas of Automation.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies
- Support continuous improvement within the department
- Support department goals and objectives
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (in Word format) through this website now in the strictest of confidence.