Audit & Risk Manager
Audit & Risk Manager required for Compliance, Audit & Risk Division within my client's organisation.
You will be working interchangeably across a diverse range of business areas as they relate to funded organisations including leading on risk audits, targeted interventions, specific risk cases, governance areas including policies and procedures as appropriate.
The primary focus is to ensure that monies are spent for the purposes intended, funding is appropriately claimed in line with programme/scheme rules and that key conditions attached to the programmes, including good governance standards, are complied with.
The ability to compile comprehensive reports on risk audits as well as prepare reports for a wide range of external stakeholders, analyse data, identify and report on trends is a key requirement of the role. You will be responsible for leading, motivating and supervising the audit/verification teams and play a lead role in ensuring the delivery of the commitments outlined in the respective programme delivery agreements, with an emphasis on the management and reporting on risk audits.
Other responsibilities will include:
- identification of preventative measures across the lifecycle i.e. from programme design to audit.
- plan, risk assess, ensure delivery, compile reports, and escalate matters as appropriate.
- A high degree of flexibility is expected, as well as the ability to significantly contribute to the CAR management team, work autonomously and be solution focused.
- Ensuring delivery of all targets/KPI's in the operational plans and reporting on same in a timely manner.
- Engage in the annual budgeting processes and work force planning
- Assist in the compilation of the annual audit plan in conjunction with the Director of CAR and monitor the delivery of same on an ongoing basis
- Risk assess, prioritise, plan, assign and manage the audits/including risk audits/ joint compliance/verification visits to conclusion.
- Ensure all internal processes i.e. schedules/reports are updated appropriately.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting on all issues in relation to audit
- Review and interpret the beneficiaries' audited financial statements
- Ascertain the status of the returns to the Companies Registration Office
- Prepare comprehensive audit reports and management letters on a timely basis, which incorporate audit findings, conclusions, and a series of recommendations to rectify any weaknesses identified during the course of the audit
- Ensure the team is fit for purpose in competency and practice
- Proven experience as an internal or external auditor for at least 5 years
- Excellent financial management experience
- Evidence of producing high quality reports within prescribed timescales
- High level of organisational and administrative experience and skills
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook coupled with CAD, programme databases, SharePoint portals
- Relevant professional accounting qualification or equivalent is essential
- Demonstrated ability to continuous professional development in key areas which complement the role will be considered favourably.
The contract is fixed term up to 31st December 2022 with opportunity to extent after that subject to funding