South Dublin Home Help Service
Role: Assistant Home Help Service Manager
Details of Service.
The Home help service is an integral part of the delivery of primary care services and home helps are members of the primary care teams, delivering vital support services to people living in the community or returning to live in the community.
The Home Help Assistant Manager is employed to assist the Manager /Co Coordinator in the provision of the Home Help Service to a Primary & Social Care network consisting of 6 Primary Care teams and assist in providing line management support to home help staff ensuring a high standard of service is provided to service users .
You will be required to follow and adhere to all policies and procedures notified to you including policies and procedures required by our funder the HSE.
The job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently you may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to you from time to time and contribute to the development of the post while in office .
* Assist the Manager in the administration of the service.
* Deputise in the absence of the Manager.
* Ensure that a quality and effective Home Help Service is delivered at all times . Maintain professionalism and ensure knowledge of service is up to date.
* Assist in keeping and maintaining appropriate records in relation to staff including telephone messages, sick leave, annual leave and time sheets/ relief duties.Maintain records using computer Data base.
* Assist in keeping and maintaining records of service users Adhere to company policies and maintain client confidentiality.
* Assist in the assessment of new persons referred to service and where appropriate develop care plans in consultation with the manager.
* Assist in the review of service users on a regular basis and in the completion of service quality evaluations.
* Assist with assigning suitable home helps to service users and carry out supervisory calls on a regular basis.
* Ensure that all contact and interaction with service users is approached with dignity at all times.
* Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety and all Company Policies and Procedures.
* Experience in Information Technology.
* To be flexible and to carry out any other duties that maybe assigned to you from time to time. Any change in this job description will be notified to you in writing.
Salary circa 25K - 40 hours per week.
Apply with CV and Cover note outlining previous experience and suitability for the role.