Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager - Co Cork (Service Station)
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting the forecourt manager in managing the overall functioning of the store. They will be expected to look after the day-to-day operations of the store in the manager's absence and ensure maximum profitability for the store by delivering the best-in-class retail experience to our customers.
The key roles and responsibilities involved in this role include.
- Maintaining store inventory by implementing purchasing plans and staying in contact with vendors and shippers
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control
- Ensuring availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories
- Ensuring the store is meeting targets and earning profits.
- Managing the budgets and revenue for the store
- Being responsible for handling the cash for the store
- Maintaining store staff by recruiting, selecting, and training new staff when required
- Maintaining store staff job results by coaching, counselling and being involved in the disciplining process for employees in conjunction with the HR department.
- Updating colleagues on business performance, new initiatives, and other pertinent issues
- Organising special promotions, displays and events.
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Maintaining the store's overall image, ensuring customers are safe and comfortable.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintaining operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Ensuring that standards for quality, Customer Service and Health and Safety are met.
- Protecting employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
Qualifications and Experience
* IT Literate with excellent communication skills.
* People skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team.
* The ability to work in high-pressure situations.
* Ability to read and understand sales data.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic with a high level of confidence.
* A strong work ethic.
* Ability to display professionalism and reliability.
* Previous retail Managerial experience is required
You will be responsible for managing the overall functioning of the store, including the day-to-day operations, to ensure maximum profitability and by delivering the best-in-class retail experience to all customers.
- Whilst previous experience is essential, full training will be provided.
- Competitive salary.
- Bonus based on the achievement of KPIs.
- Discount on Deli Products.
This role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career in an exciting company. Competitive salary with excellent opportunities for training & promotion within the Retail Group
For further information, please get in touch with Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
Retail Manager, Manager, Deli Manager, Service Station Manager, Deputy Manager, Store Manager, Assistant Retail Store Manager, Department Manager, Hardware Manager, Homewares Manager, Manager, Cork