Assistant Retail Manager - Paints
Assistant Store Manager - Cork
This role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career in an exciting company.
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager will assist in leading and co-ordinating the day-to-day activities for the store and will work very closely with the Store Manager to lead by example, inspiring the team to deliver the best service to our customers.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Ability to consistently deliver great customer experiences - no matter what the situation
- Support and work alongside the Store Manager in ensuring the store reaches and maintains standards
- Deputise for the Store Manager in his/her absence, assuming full responsibility for the day to day running of the Store
- Drive effective communications within the store by leading by example and ensuring timely and consistent communications
- Assist with and deliver in-store promotional activities. Work closely with Management to ensure merchandise is displayed in a commercial manner designed to maximise its potential
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company regulations and policies, including Health & Safety
- Responsible for assisting with the management of the team. Ensure all team members are trained in and demonstrate the company ethos
- Manage operational items, e.g. Rosters, Holidays, Tills and Stock Control
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate proven experience and skills in the following areas:
- Previous experience as an Assistant Manager in a fast paced retail environment
- Excellent customer service skills and a commitment to building good relationships with the customers, team and other key stakeholders
- To offer and deliver best in class advice and product knowledge to all customers
- To drive sales within the branch by promoting the products and services in the shop
- Strong people skills and an aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent Communication skills with demonstrated ability to give and receive feedback, both positively and constructively, in a timely manner, especially in relation to Performance; Uniforms; Timekeeping
- Ability to prioritise and multitask and work autonomously, when required
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that visibly demonstrates and role models professionalism to customers and colleagues
- Ability to use initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated commercial awareness
- IT Savvy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office packages and a working knowledge of computerized retail management and control systems.
- Strong numerical, organisational and analytical skills
- Must be available to work flexible hours including weekdays and weekends
- 5+ years' experience in a retail supervisory/management role with a proven track record, preferably within a Paint/DIY/Hardware or similar environment.
- A Retail Management Qualification
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856, in strictest confidence.
Paint Manager, Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Department Manager, Hardware Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Cork