Assistant Production Supervisor
ASSISTANT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Our client a Midlands based medium sized indigenous Irish manufacturing company are currently recruiting for an Assistant Production Supervisor.
My client has experienced consistent year on year growth over the past 20 years and holds a strategic place in the marketplace due to the recyclable & environmentally friendly nature of its products.
This company has a very broad and diverse client base spanning many different sectors and has retained and developed its customer base due to the quality of the product and a very strong customer service ethos.
This job would be commutable from Offaly, South Galway, Tipperary & Westmeath and my client are very open to considering candidates from a variety of manufacturing backgrounds.
There is a great opportunity for the person coming into this role to develop their career and move into a production/ops manager role in the medium term and the salary for this role is dependent on experience.
This assistant production supervisor role represents a great opportunity for someone who wants to kickstart their production/ops management career in the manufacturing sector.
YOUR NEW ASSISTANT PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR JOB!
In the Assistant Production Supervisor job you will be the Production Manager's right hand person assisting them in the running of the team/department and freeing them up to focus on the more strategic aspects of their role.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Operations Manager in running production
- Recording of information from the daily production sheets into spreadsheets.
- Update the order system to show the quantity of products produced and to keep stock levels correct.
- Maintain and monitor stock levels of raw material and action ordering of such products when it reaches low/critical levels.
- Highlight performance on the various lines and products and inform Operations Manager if certain lines / products not meeting targets.
- Record daily issues/breakdown hours and report on same weekly.
- Record Waste figures and report Daily/Weekly
- Resolving customer complaints
- Dealing with certification and conformity issues with customers.
- Planning the daily dispatch and manifest
- Assisting with Order Entry and dispatch
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will have previous work experience in a manufacturing environment, a strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
You will be IT Literate, competent on Excel/Word and Outlook and a background in manufacturing ERP's such as SAP etc would be highly advantageous.
This is a fast-paced environment, so you need to relish working under pressure and excel at prioritisation.
Sound like your cup of tea? Then do not delay and apply today!