Assistant Production Planner
We are currently recruiting for a Assistant Production Planner / Administrator for a leading manufacturer in Co Tipperary.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or someone with 1 - 2 years administration experience. You will be working in a fast paced environment and will play a key part in supporting the Production Planner.
You will assist in the co-ordination of production planning activities to optimise material flow and processes in support of internal and external customer needs.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an ambitious individual that thrives in an environment that is fast-paced and dynamic. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to work between different departments within the company.
- In conjunction with the Senior Planner schedule and maintain daily/weekly production planning activities in the execution of the Master Production Schedule and transfer to CSB to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Review and agree monthly volume & capacity requirements for all customers and range of ordered products
- Monitoring daily production output and coordinating any schedule variances
- Monitor stock levels and prioritise production as appropriate
- Maintain accurate CSB master schedule to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times
- Pro-actively looking for and implementing improvement opportunities
- To produce production reports daily and weekly i.e. efficiency, performance, machine/materials input, output capacity etc.
- Collect / update production information from all departments and records / analyses relevant data and specific data from production areas as required
- To assist Business Unit Manager in projects, recording information /data and analysing /producing results when required
- Develop an effective working relationship with the Customer Service/Dispatch team to ensure that Customer Demand is understood and communicated to Production
- Support the Business Unit Manager and Production in the automation of current processes and practices via SAP in order to improve efficiency within the team
- Organise the Cleaning Team, organising people to specific work areas, ensuring the team is multi-skilled and cross functional
- Assist with training team members as per the established cleaning procedure fostering a culture of right first principals and high standards results for the cleaning team
- Create cleaning schedules to include specific areas monthly as part of the hygiene programme
- Walk and audit the cleaning routinely during the shift ensuring areas are being cleaned in line with expected timeframes, escalating all issues as required
- Provide flexibility as required to support audits and visits
- Escalate all non-conformance issues to the Business Unit Mgr and HR to ensure fair application of policy and procedure
- Ensure teams trained fully in line with the chemical requirements and PPE application at all times applied
- To manage staff in accordance with Company Policies, in particular the Hygiene, Food Safety, Health and Safety and HR policies
- Ensure the correct equipment and chemicals are used to prevent injury
- Audit the area while in operation to instil a culture of safety first at all times, ensuring no short cuts or bad habits are allowed
- Identifying potential maintenance issues and proactively address same with maintenance and the business unit manager
- Ensure machine integrity is always maintained during the cleaning process and set up completed safely and in line with all controls and checks
- Audit results GMP/ Hygiene / Pre Start checks
Skills and Experience:
- Recent graduate or candidates with 1 - 2 years administration / planning experience
- Experience working in production environment advantage
- Strong people skills with a proven ability to communicate, engage, motivate, influence and build strong working relationships with people is required
- Production planning methods and systems advantage
- Excellent planning & analytical skills are required
- Ability to future plan considering all variables and sequences and knock on effects in the supply and process chain
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs ( Excel )
- Self-motivated, results-driven person with a professional manner.
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069
Send CV through the attached link