Assistant Manager - Insurance Team
Our client, is currently looking to hire a newly qualified accountant to join their growing commercial insurance division. This is a full time permanent position based in Dublin.
This role is being offered as a hybrid position.
This role will include working within the Insurance finance function and financial operations of their clients, as well as providing outsourced support for their global corporate compliance.
1. Supporting internal finance teams and financial operations;
2. Develop a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives and use this knowledge on assignments;
3. Supporting compliance assignments for multi nationals including centralised statutory accounting and compliance projects;
4. Identifying new business opportunities and working with internal contacts to convert leads and opportunities into projects;
5. Advice on accounting requirements under IFRS and Irish & UK GAAP;
6. Promoting FAAS both internally and externally, articulating all FAAS services and the value that we bring to our clients.
Skills and attributes:
1. Minimum 3 years experience in dealing with accounting issues ideally in the Insurance industry;
2. Knowledge of financial reporting including practical experience of auditing or preparing financial statements
3. Experience of relationship management, negotiating with and influencing senior individuals, both internally and externally;
4. Experience in Multi National / Shared Services desirable;
5. Project experience in the insurance industry is desirable e.g IFRS17;
Recognised accounting qualification;
6. Strong knowledge of IFRS, Irish or UK GAAP and Irish or UK company law.
If you believe you are a match to the above role, please apply with your most recent CV to Desiree Leonard for immediate consideration.